Google+ Subscribe to me on YouTube

October 19, 2011

WHAT'S IN THE NAME?

Did you ever wonder what your name means? Have you asked yourself if your name defines you?... Oh well... I did!

At age 6, I recalled writing my name with a single "e" on it.  I used "Karen" on all my kindergarten home works, even my school ID says so, not until when I enrolled in a private school when birth certificates became a requirement and I was taught to write my name with two "E's" moving forward.  My mom said the nurse attendant misspelled my name on the hospital file so my birth certificate appeared to have the legendary two "E's!"  My thought at first was, "stupid nurse! can't even spell a baby girl's name right and I have to spend a few more drops of ink or occupy more space on my test paper writing that extra 'E' "!  LOL.... now, that's a funny anecdote of my life I can share to the next generation of my family!!!

So, yun nga, I've started using "Kareen" and I so loved it for two reasons.  One. I AM UNIQUE.  I have never met anyone with the same name. I am one in a million.  Luckily, I don't have to be confuse kung ako nga yung tinatawag ng teacher ko for a recitation kasi ako nga lang ang may-ganung pangalan. =)   Two. I AM LUCKY
Do you believe in Chinese Numerology? I do, and it says, that "The number 6 (六, Pinyin: liù) in Mandarin is pronounced the same as "lio" (溜, Pinyin: liù) and similar to "fluid" (流, Pinyin: liú) and is therefore considered good for business. The number 6 also represents happiness. In Cantonese, this number is a homophone for blessings (祿 Lok). In I-Ching, the number 6 stands for "yin". "Lio" which sounds like the word for ‘flow’, suggests that everything will go very smoothly.   My name has six letters on it! (makataya nga ng 6-Digit game sa lotto! hehehehe =)



Now let's define Kareen.

Birthvillage.com says: "People with this name tend to be very inspired, intuitive, and creative. Their aim is to improve the world and can be quite altruistic. They strive to see the "Big Picture" and achieve their dreams." (naks!)

Babynamespedia.com says: "Kareen means 'dear' or 'beloved' (Italian); 'keel of a ship' (Latin); 'pure' (Old Greek) (need I say more?! lol)

Allbabynames.com says: "People with the name Kareen have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters." (Tamaa!)

(more from Allbabynames.com): "People with the name Kareen tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered." (Ahem! Ahem! at isa pang Ahem! lol)

Inanamedb.com says: "a person named Kareen is 'multi-talented, compassionate, and global" (now, I'm boasting! hahaha!) 

There you go! That's me. Now, go find out yours! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for your comment. You are welcome to stalk anytime! =)