I am not a fashionista. I am a plain jane. Jeans and tees are my thing, but I still try to dress up occasionally and love to doll up as well like any other girl. Although, going on fashion events ain't my thing, it all changed just because of one insanely idea... "I want to see Mario Maurer." ^_^
So, I went to see the Philippine Fashion Week Spring Summer 2012, at the SMX Hall 2, on October 29th, 2011.
As funny or crazy as it may sound, I still have to thank him for the experience. At least I get to see how an actual runway looks like, and how gorgeous the models are in real life! You can't blame me, I only see them and the runway on TV, thanks to Tyra Banks and Lifestyle Network! LOL
Penshoppe made it easy for fans to see the Spring Summer Collection for ordinary people at the Philippine Fashion Week with just 2 ways (as I recall with their INVASION promo):
- Customers are entitled to a (2) PFW Invites for every Php 1,000 purchase in a single receipt from October 21-23 at SM North Edsa, Trinoma, Glorietta, and SM Megamall.
- Customers who were at the Press Conference need only Php 300 worth of purchased item at SM MOA, and present their Press Con passes to avail of (1) PFW Invite.
|The PFW Invite (front)|
|The PFW Invite (back)|
|Outside of Hall 2, SMX|
Penshoppe showcased their upcoming collections featuring, The Holiday, White Summer, Color and Stripes, and the new Denimlab designs.
The highlight of the show was the introduction of Penshoppe's new endorser, Mario Maurer, and the reason why I was at the event in the first place. :) A short clip of his photo shot was first shown to the audience, and everyone as expected went wild with anticipation. When Mario walked out of the stage, his face showed nervousness and surprise, seeing that a lot of fans were there to support him. He walked the ramp in a white long sleeves, with grey-washed jeans, and yellowish boots.
|Even celebs are in awe!|
After the fashion show, my friends and I tried out the stage for some photo-op! ^_^
|The stage view|
|Manilyn and I feeling fab! :D|
|At the ramp.|
|Me in Mario's eyes (kilig!) LOL|
|Nicest thing is getting free loot bags! I like it, very earth-friendly.|
|Sheena ~ you look so mowdel here!|
Celebrity spotted! Feeling celebs din kami!
Me and my friends had a wonderful Fashion Week experience thanks to Thai heartthrob Mario Maurer. Sadly, a lot were not able to come in that night, because the venue was too small for the attendees, and Penshoppe didn't expect that a lot would come to the show. The good news is, that there will be another Fashion Show for those who stayed outside Hall 2. Penshoppe brings you:
Penshoppe Summer 2012
Featuring Mario Maurer
December 13, 2011
SMX Convention Center Hall 4
Gates open at 6:30 PM
Show starts at 8:00 PM
Just follow these instructions to claim your new invites:While writing this blog, I realized that my entire outfit that day were all from Penshoppe, except for my flats. :) That's all for the love of Mario & Penshoppe.
- Go to any of the following boutiques on the specified dates and look for The Encore booth inside the store. Participating boutiques: Penshoppe Mall of Asia, Penshoppe Glorietta, Penshoppe Megamall and Penshoppe Trinoma
- The Encore booth dates: November 25-27, 2011 and December 2-4, 2011 (11:00 AM – 8:00 PM)
- Present a valid ID and surrender your old Philippine Fashion Week SS 2012 invite. If a representative will claim your invite, representative should present letter of authorization plus a copy of your valid ID.
- Sign the registration sheet.
- Only those who pre-registered via email@example.com will be given new invites. If you registered more than one name, the additional names are also included in our database.
Take note of the following event reminders:
- Gates open at 6:30 PM.
- This event is exclusive for people who were not able to enter Penshoppe’s show last Philippine Fashion Week. No physical event invite, no entry rule will be strictly implemented.
- The invite guarantees you entry to the event. We have a bigger venue for this event so rest assured that every single person will be seated and accommodated. However, seating arrangements are strictly on a first come, first served basis.
- Cameras & video recorders are allowed.
- As per Mario Maurer’s management, there will be no individual/group photo session or autograph signing with Mario.
- Invites are strictly not for sale.